little bit of this a little bit of that

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread


I love food Blogs! I just came across , an awesome blog about cooking, reading and being a mom. You can check it out here- http://www.sophistimom.com/ On her blog she and
challenge butter, (you can find them here- http://www.challengedairy.com/ ) challenged her readers to come up with a variation on shortbread. Looked like fun so here is my Peppermint Chocolate Shortbread! Enjoy
1 Cup Non Salted Butter softened
2/3 C Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
2 C all purpose flour
1-2 tsp Peppermint extract.
5 squares of Semi Sweet Chocolate
Crushed red and white candy canes
Preheat oven to 300
Cream butter with mixer, add sugar until light and fluffy. Add mint extract. I like mine really minty so I use two tsp of extract. Add salt and flour and mix. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment, press dough into the pan. smooth the top and cut into 12 equal slices. Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 min. The cookies should be just golden brown. Be careful not to over cook.
Allow to cool. Melt chocolate according to package directions in a microwavable bowl. Dip cooled shortbread in chocolate and then sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Set on parchment paper to harden.
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Oh my gosh! I feel like I just got to hug a long lost friend! I'm so glad you sent your blog address to me!

I haven't taken time to read yet, but I can hardly wait. Gotta go exercise so I can meet the bus. More later, dear friend.

Michelle said...

ohhh that looks delish!!!

Disneypal said...

These look yummy !!